The best part of Valentine’s —and indeed any holiday with a colour scheme — is dressing up in the fun styles of the season. Coordinating soft pastel tones in your cosmetics and clothes or ratcheting up the drama with a LBD and red lipstick are both great options, but if you’re feeling a little more adventurous this year, see below for some of the trending styles of the season and treat yourself to a new look.
You can’t go wrong with pink and red, but there are various ways to bring extra creativity to those classic Valentine’s colours.
- Lean into a monochrome look with all-pink eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick. https://www.instagram.com/p/CEU_RFChEg3/
- Add dimensionality with gold shimmer or stunning graphic lines on top of blush tones. https://www.instagram.com/p/CLiLSlrD_3Z/
- Extra bold brows take centre stage while a natural “no-makeup” look is used for the rest of the face. https://www.instagram.com/p/CYm6_zphEz8/
Commit to the romance of the season with soft waves and wispy ends. Or try something bold and completely new!
- A messy bun with a shiny hair clip or oversized bow is super easy to put together. https://www.instagram.com/p/CXkNoq1N4Qn/
- Natural, beachy waves with a centre part will let your face take centre stage. https://www.instagram.com/p/CY4euryLNzK/
- Fantastical, glossy mermaid waves look great with bold, metallic lips and lids. https://www.instagram.com/p/CRcBJ1Ss7Sl/
Hearts and flowers are a no-brainer when it comes to Valentine’s patterns and accessories. Step out of your comfort zone with these suggestions.
- Play with contrast by pairing super feminine dresses with chunky shoes. https://www.instagram.com/p/CYhuqOwrAJc/
- Have fun with unique heels and major embellishment. https://www.instagram.com/p/CZPlsmrJ3iM/
- Stay warm and comfy with boots, the higher the better! https://www.instagram.com/p/CYpnb-UtQLO/
Rose Ho | Editorial Assistant