“What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.” Miuccia Prada
Women often take pride in their sense of fashion. Current trends allow women to wear whatever they want whenever they like. Whether that be a fancy sun-dress and a pair of heels, or a more formal pantsuit and some dress shoes. Women wear clothes that reflect their inner selves, analysing each piece of clothing, and experimenting with different colours and styles that help express their individuality and creativity. For women who are ditching high-priced fashion, but still want the expensive look, there are certain staples that will keep them looking and feeling good while still helping them express their uniqueness.
Here Are 7 Fashion Staples for Under $50:
1) Let’s start off simple. Don’t be under the illusion that a T-shirt will last forever, but you should always be on the lookout for ones that you can layer seamlessly into your wardrobe and won’t need to be replaced any time soon. This is a cropped baby tee that doesn’t show any midriff, and has a good amount of length to it that allows the wearer to tuck it into their jeans, so it isn’t as bunched. It has a good amount of thickness that isn’t too bulky, but also doesn’t make wearing a bra underneath quite as obvious. It’s available for only $25.
2) Next, we have H&M’s Mom Jeans. Jeans can range in price anywhere from $30 to $200 and up, but if you’re looking for jeans that won’t stretch throughout the day, you should look for 100% cotton. While this means they shouldn’t go in the dryer and they’re more rigid, it also means they won’t stretch throughout the day. This can be a reoccurring problem when it comes to inexpensive denim. These jeans feel firm at first, but loosen up and soften as the user wears them. With a straight leg, fitted waist, and a super soft waistband with a zip fly and button, these jeans are perfect for a comfortable fit and a high-priced look. They’re available for only $15 dollars right now from H&M.
3) Animal prints are a common item in many people’s wardrobe. Combining these with a pair of combat boots or faux leather shorts adds an option for those looking to address style and comfort. They are a bold update to your weekend outfits and pair perfectly with jeans. The long sleeve with ribbed style cuffs adds warmth to your ensemble and its machine washable. It’s available now from Walmart for only $12.98.
4) Combat boots are a stylish way to add some pop to your outfit. Whether you’re dancing up a storm or schmoozing it up at a formal get-together, combat boots offer the style you crave with the comfort you deserve. With a lace-up vamp detailed with metallic rivets and shearling trim, the women’s Ferria by Bellini is a must-have in any women’s collection. With a Shearling trim at the mouth and a rounded toe, these boots were made for walking, dancing, or whatever your heart desires. They’re available from The Bay for only $35.96.
5) Summertime means it’s shorts season. Everyone wants to be cool and look cooler, so why not try these high-waisted shorts that are cut and structured just like denim. They’re made with innovative vegan leather that looks and feels like the real thing. Featuring five-pocket styling and a zip-fly with tack button closure, these shorts will make your nights and summer last longer than ever. They’re sure to become your summer staple. They’re available now from Aritzia for only $48.99.
6) Wanna look cute and still have money to go out? This wrap mini-dress from ASOS Design in black ditsy floral is perfect for a night out in town. It comes with short sleeves and V-neck. If you’re looking for a low effort/high reward option, then this is the dress for you. When it comes to casual rotation, no one does it better than Pull&Bear. It’s available now at ASOS for only $31.98.
7) How about a denim skirt to go along with your favourite t-shirt or sweater? This denim skirt from H&M comes fitted and has a gentle stretch to it. Plus, it comes with 5 pockets to store your wallet, phone, and whatever else you may need. It’s available now for only $34.99.
Whatever your budget, you’re not short of options. From denim to leather, mini-skirts to combat boots, there is a wide array of options for those looking to update their summer style.
Joshua J Cooper | Contributing Writer